DEPARTMENT OF PRODUCTION ENGINEERING - FACULTY OF ENGINEERING, UNIVERSTY OF KRAGUJEVAC
Education at the Department has begun in 1962/63 school year, by transition of the first generation of students of the Faculty of Mechanical Engineering to the second level of studies. Title, nature and objectives of the Department had changed in accordance with the development of the Department: from Preparative production course (1962), through Organizational technological course (1966), Course of production and organization (1974), Course of production engineering and organization (1980) to the Course of production engineering (since 1989 until today). Education at the Course of industrial engineering has begun in year 2000.
The following laboratories belong to the Department, within the scientific-research unit:
- Laboratory for metal machining and tribology (LOMT) and
- Laboratory for metal forming and machine materials.
The following centers were developed from the activities of the Laboratory for metal machining and tribology and the Department for production engineering:
- Center for revitalization of the industrial systems,
- Center for terotechnology
- Center for computer integrated management (CIM Center),
- Center for tribology,
- Center for quality
- Center for integrated development of products and processes and intelligent systems,
- Center for recycling of the used PC equipment,
- Center for virtual production,
- Center for materials and welding,
- Regional center for permanent education.
Members of the Department have given a huge contribution in the field of scientific research. Especially standing out are the projects developed for the needs of many companies such as the majority of the "Zastava Kragujevac" factories, "FAM Krusevac", "Electric power industry of Serbia", "Copper rolling mill Uzice", "Sartid Smederevo", "FRA Cacak"...
The Department has organized many scientific meetings and symposiums of national and international character, such as: Production engineering symposium (the 5th in 1969 and the 19th in 1985), Yugoslav conference on tribology - YUTRIB (the 1st in 1989, the 9th in 2005), BALKANTRIB (in 2005) YUMO (1998), Festival of quality (the 1st in 2003, the3rd in2005), etc.
International journal are issued within the Department:
- Tribology in industry, and
- International Journal for Quality Research.
These journals are highly ranked in many index databases (Scopus,…).